Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A quote from a pretty hilarious book:

I am currently reading a fantastic book called The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I'm sure you've heard of it, or at least the movie that combines the five books in the series. There are so many things in the book that make me laugh, but since I can only have one quote, I'll have to only post one of them..

"Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God.

"The argument goes something like this: 'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, 'for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'

"'But,' says Man, 'the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'

"'Oh dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

"'Oh, that was easy,' says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next pedestrian crossing."

5 comments:

Lilly Anne said...

HAHAHAHAHA ah British humor is the best.

Katie Marie said...

haha nice Kelly!

Amy Lauren said...

I don't get it... too many words and wit for my brain to make sense of..LOL

Heidi Rose said...

Oh, it's okay amy. I still don't get it completely either.

Heidi Rose said...

Oh, it's okay amy. I still don't get it completely either.