Tuesday, March 15, 2011

How Kelly is...well, Kelly.

1. I'm obsessed with food and my weight. I draw/take pictures of what I eat, look at food blogs. I love to bake cookies and other nummy treats. But I'm also extremely paranoid with my weight with what I eat, how much I eat, and if I'm exercising enough to balance it all out.

2. I could spend hours looking at books and art supplies. (Oh, and tumblr. That's currently my new obsession.) They're the two things I love most, reading and drawing.

3. In the comforts of my home, I don't wear pants. (Oh yeah, check out those sex legs!)

4. Food items that are always around the house that I basically live off of: ramen, hot chocolate, lattes, and oatmeal. The "college diet" as people tell me.

5. I am the biggest procrastinator in the world. Like this post, I put everything off to the last second. I never do my homework at home and always finish it in the classes beforehand. Recently I had a paper due for English. The day it was due I gave the teacher a note saying the Internet wasn't working. That night I stayed up til one-thirty in the morning writing the whole paper. Yet I manage to get all A's in my classes. I'm just that awesome.

6. My idea of a perfect evening consists of me rolled up in my blankets and pillows on the couch eating ramen with scrambled eggs (yes, ramen with scrambled eggs, my comfort food), watching (or playing) Harry Potter, Twilight, and/or Pirates of the Caribbean.

7. I have an especially cryptic sense of humor. ("You know what's funny? Filled graves.")

8. I love books and movies that are able to make me cry. There's something really special about a piece of fictional work that's able to stir such emotion. Books that have made me cry: New Moon, Breaking Dawn, and some of the Harry Potter books. Movies that have made me cry: Up, Toy Story 3, The Notebook, Click, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Mulan II, Bridge to Terabithia, and numerous others.



9. I love Pixar, Disney, and Dreamworks animated films just as much as horror and action. So I blubbered like a baby during the beginning of Up but was able to watch a black guy get his limbs and head twisted around and broken during Saw III.

10. My favorite sent is coffee although it is probably my least favorite taste. I put the Krill sisters to shame... D:

11. To keep happy and mentally healthy I have to continue to read, write, and draw. Each increases my mood a considerable amount.

12. I love being able to speak French. I geek out whenever I see or hear something in French and can understand it. I also really like foreign films like Amelie, The Orphanage, and Pan's Labyrinth.

13. Nothing makes me happier than my family. Even if we're just sitting around staring at each other with our fingers up our butts (-lol, Moma) that makes me feel so much better. I grew up in a house full of people who were constantly doing interesting things but now that the majority of them are gone, the house feels incredibly empty and it's one of the most saddening things in my life. I want to hang out with you guys, more! :O

4 comments:

Lilly Anne said...

Oh, I love your cynical sense of humor. It makes me laugh, and then laugh even harder when I realize the cleverness behind it and/or when you make a funny face at me. ;)

I don't care that you don't like coffee taste. I don't really like it, either.

Writing, reading, and drawing are the best things in life; always remember that! They make me considerably happier, too. Music also helps a lot.

I love it when movies/books make me cry, because I feel like that's REALLY the author's purpose - to move the reader. When they've weaved together a good story and write just the right words, the flood gates open and I'm puddy in their hands! Take Betrayed, for instance; more than once after reading that part with Stevie Rae I cried.

The mention of Saw made me shudder. That was always the worst part for me.

Oh, Kelly! Thank you so much for posting! You even put a bunch of awesome things. Ti amo!

Katie Marie said...

Awww Kelly! So cute! I think I knew most of those things about you. I don't know what you see in Ramen noodles, though. I guess I'll have to try them again and see for myself!

Did you ever see Toy Story 3? I bet you'll cry.

I love my Kelly!

Kelly Renée said...

Katie, Toy Story 3 was one of the movies I listed of ones that made me cry. I've seen it twice or three times actually. So good.

Pfft, ramen noodles are the bomb diggety. Monday night I'll make you some. I add cheese and they're really good!

Katie Marie said...

Haha- oops. I must have missed that when I was reading. I cried too!

Ooo yes Monday night I will eat ramen. I want to eat as much food as I can before I get my wisdom teeth out because for a week it will be only yogurt and pudding!